I sit. And I think. And get lost. Must be age. Catching up.

Friday, October 9, 2009

A Dream


I had a dream.

I had a dream last night.

I dreamt that I had fallen inside a deep well full of murky water and all my near and dear ones were standing near the well. Peeping down. And commenting ....
  • Ronjha MoyeeOke ekta bra ene daaow … or bra r dorkaar. Shiggirii ..
  • SujataHyan re Ronjha, O pore gelo ?
  • KuurchiGampaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ... !!
  • BabaHmmmm … pore gelo dekchi …
  • MaThik i toh !
  • Pop In LawOke ekta O2 diye daaow. Oi neeche nongra jol khaabe, pet kharaap hobe
  • Mom In Law - Jiboner nana otha-pora jeno gaaaye na laage. Shurobhito Antiseptic Creame Bororlin !
  • PGRonjha, make sure when he speaks to the rescuers, he does so in Queen’s English. Nice boy !
  • Jethi - "Jaaaah, kaawsh ki ryaaa ?" (Suitably accompanied with a' ppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee paaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrr pip' sound)

PS :

  • PG was my English tutor during the Don Bosco Kolkata days to whom goes the credit for my love for English languague and literature.
  • My mom has a habit. Each and every sentence of hers start with "Thik i toh". Suppose someone tells her “jaano kakima, ami na aaj bus stand e daariye daariye naak khute, naaru paakiyechi” …. Amar Ma sheta shune bolbe … “Thiki toh .. maaaaane ???? Emamaaaaaaa !!!”
  • Amaar shoshur moshaai works for Cadilla, and as with all other people working for a pharma company, he has an uncanny ability to suggest 5 different medicines for so simple a thing as a headache. And O2 is his favourite drug for all water borne diseases.
  • My dad is one of the most reticent humans I have ever seen in my life. The most extreme of his reactions to ANYTHING is a pause of 5 seconds and then “Hmmm … “
  • My jethi is a compulsive farter (is there any such word ?). A dozen farts a second, we have actually grown up with the bhuurrrrrps, pyaaaaaa, pooooooo, piiiiiip, piii-puuuuuu ... And all along she tends to believe that noone can make them out. What she singularly refuses to appreciate, till date, is the fact that on account of the geographical distribution of flesh @ posterior being not in the manner best warranted, the sound does comes out and horribly so.
  • And lastly, I have not the foggiest idea as to why Ronjha said what she said !! :-)

5 comments:

  1. How true ...enjoyed reading every bit of it ...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. laughed to my hearts content. But madmax, jethi ma ke spare korte partish? Poor thing. :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mama Ur awesome esp the Jethima part...No one can escape your barbs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ KG - Poor thing ? "WE" were the poor things, being subjected to the constant cacophony of erupting noises.

    @ Nemesis - Hey Somaditta, good to have you back :-) .. Gawd ! I miss those days in ICICI man !! ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nightmare naki dream, not sure. Would have been an interesting dream but the

    "naru", the gaseous emissions from the posterior, the O2, and the garment that
    would supposedly rescue you...make me believe that it was a nightmare.

    As for PG, love her...owe her loads...and miss those days in that little room
    where she taught us most of what we know today.

    ReplyDelete